Friday, July 07, 2006

Plastered, hammered and gone

Current System Configuration: Totally exhausted
Earworms:
-The Seven Angels from Tobias Sammet's Avantasia: The Metal Opera [Power/Epic Metal]. Can't get enough of this song. 14 minutes of sheer epic quality.
-Rise Up by Freedom Call [Power Metal] Something to help spur my tired spirit on.
-Worth It All by Disciple [Christian Rock] Excellent Christian rock song. Disciple is a must for any believer who sings a new song
Sustenance:
[Breakfast] Chocolate oatmeal
[Lunch] Homemade burger steak in mushroom gravy with buttered rice.
[Dinner] Grilled cheese sandwich
[Coffee] Homemade mocha
Current Read:
-Wormwood by G.P. Taylor (Too wasted to read it right now)

To my dismay, I've missed almost an entire week's worth of working out. I've been squeezing my brain working on the lesson module for our next series of grammar lessons, and doing so has not been kind to my sleep schedule. More than once this week I had only been kept awake by caffeine and the grace of God. Today was the worst by far.

I usually enjoy having three classes in succession---I don't forget to say anything in the later classes and I don't do anything for the rest of the day. However, today's lecture was particularly heavy and two of the classes were interrupted by the quake drill we had. As such, I had to cram all my points into the truncated periods. It took quite an effort especially since this lecture required a lot of energy.

The quake drills were not very successful. It took longer than expected to take everyone out of the building, and had it collapsed, certain sections would have perished. <_< style="font-style: italic;">The Seven Angels
, some weird lyrics came to mind.

Chorus
We are the Seven
Judgment of Heaven
Why don't we know? We are the angels!
It's revelation, soul castigation!
Fire will burn us away!

My version:
We are the Crammers!
Struggling learners!
Why can't you tell? We're Pisay students!
It's vegetation, procrastination!
Midnight oil burning away!

Ending Coda
You've been fighting for your soul
And sometimes it takes a toll
Hope one day you'll understand
What it means to hold in hand
What they call a fantasy
It is nothing but a key
To the world that now you're in
That they call a wicked dream!

When you're walking on your own
And you think you're all alone
You may feel us from inside
From the other side of LIFE!

My Version:
You've been struggling for your grade
And sometimes your nerves get frayed
Hope one day you'll understand
What it means to hold in hand
What they call Acuity,
It is more than just a key
To the future of your soul
To your glorious destiny!

When your strength is all but gone
And you just can't get that "One"
Call Him and He'll hear your cry,
Rise on eagle's wings and FLY!

Fatigued and drowsy,
Your Black Lion.


12 comments:

Aslan Cross said...

D:

Yeah, I know. o_o It was freaky. "Champaca has perished."

And yeah, I come up with weird things when I'm supposed to be working. <_<

And Katja, you can still get the forms. Just fill them up on Monday and submit them.

Anonymous said...

Hey sir....
Do you think we would have died if there had been a real earthquake? Aldrich was reading under his desk during the second one... Hehe...

Eruanne said...

heya sir... gaaah, oo nga, yung earthquake drill na 'yun... kawawa naman ang champaca... ang huling makikita nila bago mamatay ay algeb paper at ang mukha ni ma'am orate!!! >_<

sorry i don't review too often... as you have so eloquently put down in this entry, yes, we are so damn stressed!!!! *murders bio lab rep and all other hw chuchu* the earliest time i slept this week was at 12... i seriously lack sleep... gaaaaah...

uy, sir, do you have any breaks that go on 12-12:50 (mondays only) or 10:50-11:40 (tuesdays-fridays)? chikka naman tayo o! i miss that na, sobra...

ehehehe, looks like it's not just cows, pigs, kitties, etc. that are stressed as hell... our fave black lion is stressed too... makes things a little more bearable, ne? wahaha... misery loves company talaga... :D

~~ 'anya'

Aslan Cross said...

Isa> Depends on how strong the quake is. The July 1990 quake was terrifyingly strong but it didn't topple the SHB. That was around intensity 6.5. Now if it was intensity 7.5 or 8, that would have probably brought the building down.

Anya> Well, stress is a reality that we have to cope with. I'm just glad I can relax now. Btw, I'm free 12:00-1:30 every day. Unfortunately, on Fridays we tend to have meetings during UB. If I'm not in my cube at that time, I'm at a meeting. 12:00-12:50 on Mondays is good. 10:50-11:40 T-W-TH is the time I have my CW elective.

Vasanti said...

We made a memorial for Ma'am Orate and Champaca, actually.

It goes something along the lines of...

"In loving memory of Ma'am Orate, whose undying dedication to the field of mathematical excellence until her untimely death shall always be remembered."

Also, some of us suggested that the Algeb room be renamed, "The Nerdiness Room".

Aslan Cross said...

LOL XD What did she think of it?

Vasanti said...

None of us have enough heart to tell her. :D

jeJo said...

woah... talking about champaca... ma'am orate... death... and toppled buildings... weird xD...

Anna... the first paragraph of your comment really amuses me...

Kelsy... I think I posted the correct version of the memorial in my blog... or did I?!? It also has a relation to ACADEMIC HONESTY, remember? xD

Oh well... I'm being haunted by the souls of Neon, Edz, Maricor, Jut, Vince, Gabby, Tricia, JB, JL, Cammille, and all the other Champaca people I know! >.<

Nyahahahahahaha... just joking Champaca!!!

jeJo said...

Oh... Kelsy... I didn't post the full version... oh well... that does well already... but including the "academic honesty" part makes it much more hilarious xD

Vasanti said...

"And to 2-Champaca, for their undying dedication to academic sincerity, that they refused to move and subject their exam to jeopardy."

Katamaran ko na yan XD.

jeJo said...

nice conclusion kelsy xD... better than the original xP

Jonathan said...

swerte rin naman ng champa kung naguhuan sila
at least hindi nila makikita yung score nila=)