Monday, July 17, 2006

Dreaming of the Dragon

Current System Configuration: Disturbed
Earworms:
-Reach Out for the Light from Tobias Sammet's Avantasia: The Metal Opera [Power Metal]
Sustenance:
[Breakfast] Longganisa, cheese omelet and fried rice
[Lunch] Tuna on whole wheat pandesal and salad
[Dinner] Not eating dinner tonight
[Coffee] Homemade mocha
Current Read:
-none right now

I had a nightmare last night. I haven't had nightmares in a very, very long time, so I was rather disturbed by this one especially since it involved school.

It started out innocently--we were on a field trip that involved boating in a river. That part was fine. The order in which the following events happened is fuzzy. When we got back to the campus, there was a certain substance being passed around (it looked like shabu/meth). Whatever it was, it caused a lot of students to go on a psychotic rampage, mobbing people and beating them up. I myself was mobbed, but I was able to fight the crazed students off. And beneath the campus, there was an imprisoned dragon---a n enormous red one with seven heads---roaring and breaking free of its bonds.

I'm no prophet. Some of my students mistake me for a psychic due to my intuition. I'm not. If anything I lack foresight and often find myself having to make things up as I go. However, the mere occurence of a nightmare after not having had one in such a long time disturbs me. I don't believe anything is an accident, and so I think this dream really means something.

Now, being mobbed by drug-crazed students is bad enough (don't worry, I didn't see any faces of students I knew when everyone was going berserk), but what really disturbs me is the dragon. When I told my mom about this, she told me I just played too much Warcraft. Okay, but there are no seven-headed dragons there.

Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns.

His tail drew one third of the stars of the sky, and threw them to the earth. The dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child. --Revelation 12:3-4

The Great Red Dragon here is Satan himself. Seven heads for perfect earthly knowledge, seven crowns for perfect earthly authority, and ten horns for tremendous power. Now why is it appearing underneath the campus, breaking free of its prison?

The implications of this terrify me. I still don't know what to make of it.

Confused and perturbed,

Your Black Lion

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir, now I'm worried of the Garnet field trip. You will be with us right? I just wish it will be a safe one.

Aslan Cross said...

Yes, I will be. I don't know, whatever it was happened -ON- school grounds. The field trip itself was enjoyable.

Weurne said...

They say dreams are an insight into yourself.

What I think the dream was about is that you're bothered by the reality of students doing things that they really shouldn't, and that, the reality is that there is and will be students who will be running along that fine line and challenge themselves with tipping over into the side where you're in deep trouble.

The dragon/Satan thing just reinforces the disturbed and bothered feeling, because you feel how wrong it is, given your morals and stuff.

Aslan Cross said...

Possibly. I guess I do feel that way sometimes. I nevertheless find it disturbing.

Weurne said...

It can be said that repressing and trying to forget your problems just bottles it up, the pressure building up, that from a mosquito, it metamorphoses into that beastly dragon.

One of the clues about that approach to the problem was the way the dragon hid itself.

Anonymous said...

This is Edward. This is just creepy. I read Revelation cover-to-cover, and this just surpasses anything I have ever heard anyone say. Oh, and you are the only teacher I have met who likes metal/rock.