Thursday, August 24, 2006

Be Just or Be Dead

Current System Configuration: Painfully just
Earworms:
Salva Nos by Yuki Kajiura (from the anime Noir)
Sustenance:
[Breakfast] French toast and blueberry jam
[Lunch] Shawarma without the onions
[Dinner] 3x Julie's cheesedesal with cheddar cheese inside.
[Coffee] Homebrew coffee and a venti mocha frappuccino with valencia syrup. Double blended, as usual.
Current Read:
-Still not reading

Remember that little quote I used to add at the end of every entry? "Be Just or Be Dead"? I took it from Ky Kiske's theme in Guilty Gear, entitled "Holy Orders ~Be Just or Be Dead~." I thought it was so easy to do, but now I'm sure it's not.

I had to dispense painful justice on someone who I did not want to dispense it on. This person may deserve it, but when you genuinely care for a person and wish that person to continue to grow and be encouraged by your tutelage, it is very, very, very painful to give that person deserved justice.

I guess this is a taste of how God feels when He disciplines us for our foolishness. Nevertheless, I can never imagine the pain the Father felt when He sent Jesus to die on the cross. Punishing a person who deserves it is painful enough---how much more punishing someone who is completely innocent?

It's been said that mercy is not getting what one deserves, grace is getting what one does not deserve, and justice is getting what one exactly deserves. It's difficult to show mercy, but do people ever think about how hard it is to dispense justice on someone who is not at all hateful or depraved, yet completely deserves it? It rips my heart like a scourge. I wish I could take the blame upon myself, but alas, I cannot.

Tasting the bitterness of being just,

Your Black Lion

Dominus Deus,
exaudi nos et miserere
exaudi, Dominus

Dona nobis pacem
et salva nos a hostibulus
Salva nos, Deus
Dominus exaudi nos
Dominus miserere
Dona nobis pacem

dona nobis pacem
e dona eis requiem
inter ovas locum
voca me cum benedictis
pie Jesu domine, dona eis requiem
dominus deus, Sanctus, Gloria
Sanctus, Gloria
-Salva Nos, Yuki Kajiura

1 comment:

BlackIce said...

not really commenting on the post, sir... just apologizing for not being able to attend Inkwell meetings :((...

please, don't kick me out, sir!!!

-gian