Saturday, March 11, 2006

さらばだ ~Farewell~

Current System Configuration: Aaaargh...
BGM: The Roar to Tomorrow (Asu he no Houkou) by JAM Project. Heroic, valiant and passionate.
Breakfast: Longganisa, scrambled eggs and rice
Lunch: Pasta Arrabiata
Dinner: Prawns with feta cheese, chateubriand, potato salad, brocolli au gratin

And so this schoolyear has ended. For some of my students, this is the last time I will be your teacher. For others, I may meet you again in the future. I really want to thank you for all the wonderful experiences you've given me. Thank you for all the support, all the patience and all the praise. It's been a fun yet brutal year, with all the burdens and blessings we've given each other. I can't thank you enough.

You all know the farewell message I gave you in class before perio week. John 3:16, John 10:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, Revelation 3:20. I have more to say.

Now this may seem silly, but they're best expressed by a couple of anime songs.

Tachiagare, kedakaku mae, sadame wo uketa senshi yo!
Rise and wheel valiantly, o warrior who has received his destiny!
Tatoe kizutsuite, chikara tsukitemo!
Even if you're hurt, even if your power runs out!
Atsuku nare, ookiku sake, ten ni sasageshi inochi yo!
Let that life that you've offered up to heaven heat up and blossom!
Asu no heiwa he no ishizue to nare!
Become the foundation of tomorrow's peace
Akaku moe, migoto ni chitte, hoshi ni natta inochi yo!
Let the star of your life burn red and scatter magnificently!
Toki wo koe, sono namae wo! Mune ni kizamou, JUST FOREVER!
Let that name surpass time, carve it on your chest, JUST FOREVER!

That's the ending chorus from The Roar to Tomorrow by JAM Project. Here's another one, from Aim for the Top! Gunbuster.

Ai wo tomenai de! Hashiri tsuzukeru yo! Mune ni dakishimeta! Hikari tomosu made, RIDE ON!
Don't stop love! Let it keep running before the light you hold within your chest burns out, RIDE ON!

Goodbye, batch 09. See you in the future. Be the future.
~Be Just Or Be Dead~
#1103AD20062326
ー黒獅子アスラン

6 comments:

Eruanne said...

waaaah... *sob* goodbye freshman year... T~T

Vasanti said...

Sir... why do I have the weird feeling that you might not want us as students again...?

It was pretty touching though... and I wish I could say goodbye without thinking of anything else. Because it's painful to say goodbye when what you're thinking about is all the fun things you did together.

hey said...

whoa. ubah-phunkeh. astig din yung lyrics, sir.

things i will never forget about sir:

• demonic laughs
• exasperated tones
• sudden exclamations in Japanese
• tentacle monsters
• FANBOYS. especially the ones who like pillows.

peace, sir.

Aslan Cross said...

Why do I remind you of tentacle monsters? O_O

Anyway, it's official: I am not teaching second year next year for good professional and personal reasons. Doesn't mean I don't like you guys---I just won't be as effective if I teach you again.

Furthermore, I am not going to be a homeroom advisor, because I'll be handling an elective. However, I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you later on in the Creative Writing Elective. Kate, Anna and Mike, I'm talking to you.

Vasanti said...

me wantch creative writing... ::drool::

Anonymous said...

wth ngayon ko lang nabasa 'to.. @@ it's family day of our 2nd year and ngayon ko lang talaga ito nabasa @@ wow.... ang touching grabe @@... na-miss ko tuloy bigla yung saph >.< lol and tama si mike XDD